Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Years dinner anyone?

  1. #1
    griz1970 Member Oreganus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2022
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    New Years dinner anyone?

    I make a dinner on New Years Eve every year for our friends, and keep the leftovers for the next day which I make into Lucky Soup. Does anyone else make lucky foods for the new year? My menu is: Smoked sliced ham (pork for moving forward in life) Collard greens (collards for dollars) Hoppin' John (peas for pennies) Lentils (resemble coins) Cornbread (made with creamed corn for gold) Rice (for prosperity, protection, and good fortune) Thin spaghetti (long unbroken noodles bring long life) Usually the rice is gone by the next day so the soup is made with the noodles and the everything else but the cornbread.

  2. #2
    griz1970 Member WalterKayle's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2023
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Years dinner anyone?

    Not a clue! I'll probably wing it like I did at Christmas. Enjoy your dinner!

  3. #3
    Junior Hostboard Member MarkJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2023
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Years dinner anyone?

    New Year's dinner sounds like such a great idea! I always look forward to it because it's the perfect time to gather with loved ones and enjoy good food. I'm considering keeping it simple yet unique this year by focusing on organic natural foods. It's incredible how fresher and more flavorful everything tastes when you go that route. We could try out some new recipes together. I'm all about finding dishes that are both delicious and healthy. Plus, it's an excellent way to start the new year on a good note.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •